This page has moved to a new address.

astrid + miyu september secret box

body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday 9 September 2013

astrid + miyu september secret box

I was more or less having the typical Monday - bad mood, feeling somewhat sickie and lousy - when the unexpected happened: upon returning home I found the Astrid & Miyu September Secret Box waiting for me on my bed.


It was the perfect pick-me-up for today!

I referred to this as 'unexpected' because, while I consciously subscribed to the September Secret Box last week, I (a) didn't think it'd arrive so quickly and (b) I almost forgot about it I'm so hassled and crazy with work right now! So finding it today on my bed was the right kind of 'extra element of surprise'.

I had found out about Astrid & Miyu through the gorgeous Stefy Puglisevich's blog when she reviewed the June Secret Box.  I kept thinking about whether or not to subscribe to the Secret Box, until last week I received a reminder email from Astrid & Miyu that they were taking the last orders.  Much on a whim, I decided to go for it ... and I'm very much glad I did.

how does it work? 

all the details can be found here but if you're not in the mood to click the link let me summarise it here:

  • you subscribe by clicking here and compiling a short survey sent via email so that the contents of your box are picked to your likings
  • every 3 months, you pay £39 + FREE UK & EU delivery
  • every 3 months, you receive Astrid & Miyu jewellery and treats worth double the value!

what did I get? 

Pretty much everything I found in my September Secret Box got my heart thumping! There were even a couple of items which I recall specifically listing among the 5 most favourite items in stock! Here's what I found: 
  • 'Conflicting Choices' necklace in gold (retails at £29)
I love how this necklace sits on the collar bone! I don't wear much silver so definitely I was pretty chuffed to find the gold version of this stunner in my box.  The studs are not too ostentatious, but there're very definitely there ... making it quite perfect even for the office under an open shirt especially when you're in a 'don't mess with me' kind of mood. 

  • 'Conflicting Choices' bracelet in gold (retails at £24)
I must admit that I'm not one who's generally fond of matching jewellery.  I could be wearing pearls on my ears and a turquoise skull bracelet on my wrist.  So when I found the matching bracelet in my box, I was at first taken aback.  But then I checked myself and realised that the bracelet is as wearable as the necklace on so many occasions, that I really don't have to wear them together!

  • 'Rosy Delight' ring [press pick] (retails at £29)
This is one of my absolutely favourite pieces.  It may come as a surprise to those who are used to seeing me in rings which are bigger than my hand ... but I absolutely love the daintiness of the ring, and most especially, the colour.  Rose gold is the new black, in terms of jewellery.  

  • 'Delicate Dagger' bracelet (retails at £15)
This is another absolute favourite which, like the ring, I remember listing on my subscription survey.  I love its delicate but 'dangerous' look ... almost reminds me of the iconic 'fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee' quip made famous by Cassius Clay ... a motto which comes in pretty handy in some situations! I very much think I'll be wearing this on a daily basis to remind me of it!


  • 'Love Love' earrings [press pick] (retails at £29)
Now this pair of earrings may not have necessarily been something I'd have gone for, I must admit, but I do seriously see me wearing them ... especially when I'm having those quirky, 'I wish I could be Zooey Deschanel' days.  

That's an awesome total of £126 worth of jewellery! Not bad, huh?! 

Inside the September Secret Box, I also found how to make a home-made Avocado mask as well as a mini-tutorial on how to apply some sultry, smokey eye make-up.  I adore these little 'extras' ... they make everything a little more special than it already would be. 

At this point, I almost can't wait for tomorrow to wear something from the box (probably the 'Delicate Dagger' bracelet for reasons mentioned before!) ... and definitely can't wait for the December Secret Box!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home